Let Every Heart Prepare Him Room: Celebrating, Dec 25
We celebrate Him as He occupies our hearts. (Christmas Day)
“God longs for a temple, not of stone and light, but of flesh and blood and a heart of full of love. Like Mary, you are God’s temple, for when you say ‘yes’ to God you open yourself to God and God’s glory abides in you; when you say ‘yes’ to God, the Word is made flesh and dwells among us.” Br. James Koester, SSJE
We can say “yes” to God with confidence and trust because He has already said “yes” to us.
“For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory.” 2 Corinthians 1:20
All of His promises center around one strong, glorious, satisfying truth: “I will never leave you or forsake you.” In Jesus, God is with us. Ultimately, this is what can open our hearts to experiencing Him and knowing Him in every ounce of life. Because He is with us, there is no joy or hurt or “boring” detail in which He is not present.
Today, simply celebrate Immanuel, “God with us,” by remembering that He is present. His presence means that all things can be viewed as a gift through which He can be known and enjoyed.
- When I enjoy family and friends, I am reminded that He is my Father and true friend.
- When I open a gift, I am reminded that He is the “Son that was given.”
- When I am in pain, I am reminded that He alone is my joy.
- When I suffering unjustly, I am reminded that He is my justice.
- When I lonely, I am reminded that I am never alone.
- When I am eating a meal, I am reminded Jesus is the bread of life.
- When I am (fill in the blank), I am reminded that all is a gift.
C. S. Lewis put this in beautiful perspective: “The great thing, if one can, is to stop regarding all the unpleasant things as interruptions of one’s ‘own’ or ‘real’ life. The truth is of course that what one calls the interruptions are precisely one’s real life — the life God is sending one day by day.”
Hold this prayer before God all day today: All is gift. Thank you, Father.
Bring your heart and mind back to this simple prayer all day long.