Second Sunday – Remember God’s Goodness in the Previous Week
On Sundays, we are invited to pause in order to remember God’s goodness and His work in us on the journey thus far. In Psalm 78, the question is asked, “Can God spread a table in the wilderness?” We read later in Psalm 78 that they had forgotten His power. Take some time to remember.
Use the following to engage in a time of examen prayer:
- Begin by quieting your heart before God and simply taking a few deep, slow breaths as you remember that you are in God’s presence.
- Review the week with gratitude. What is the Spirit bringing to your awareness?
- Notice the ways that God has been present to you in the previous week.
- What are you thankful for? What might God want you to see that you didn’t previously notice? Perhaps a place to repent?
- Select a part of your reflection from the week to pray over.
- Pray for the coming week.
Write out a prayer of thanksgiving and celebration as you look back and look forward.