Fifth Sunday – Remember God’s Goodness in the Previous Week
On Sundays, we are invited to pause in order to remember God’s goodness and His work in us on the journey thus far. Take a few moments and reflect on the verse at the end of yesterday’s reading (Isaiah 43:19). The Lord is creating a path and providing water for you in the wilderness. How have you seen this in the last week?
Use the following to engage in a time of examen prayer:
- Begin by quieting your heart before God and simply taking a few deep, slow breaths as you remember that you are in God’s presence.
- Review the week with gratitude. What is the Spirit bringing to your awareness?
- Notice the ways that God has been present to you in the previous week.
- What are you thankful for? What might God want you to see that you didn’t previously notice? Perhaps a place to repent?
- Select a part of your reflection from the week to pray over.
- Pray for the coming week.
Write out a prayer of thanksgiving and celebration as you look back and look forward.