Palm Sunday | Remember His Work over these Six Weeks
On Sundays, we are invited to pause in order to remember God’s goodness and His work in us on the journey thus far. Today, look back at the last six weeks and also consider the One who entered Jerusalem on a donkey. (Matthew 21:6-11) How does Jesus (proclaimed as coming in the name of the Lord) calm your fears and awaken your trust?
Use the following to engage in a time of examen prayer:
- Begin by quieting your heart before God and simply taking a few deep, slow breaths as you remember that you are in God’s presence.
- Review the last six weeks with gratitude. What is the Spirit bringing to your awareness?
- Notice the ways that God has been present to you in this journey so far.
- What are you thankful for? What might God want you to see that you didn’t previously notice? Perhaps a place to repent? Is there something that you have been led to release, but you’ve been holding on to it? Are you ready to release and trust?
- Select a part of your reflection to pray over.
- Pray for the coming week as we walk with Jesus to the cross and then wait in trust for what is next!
Write out a prayer in which you release fears and enter with trust into participating with what God is doing in you.
Posted on March 28, 2021, in blog, Lent 2021. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment